Friday, March 31, 2017

End of English Training Course

The English training course I had come to an end yesterday. In the final class, my students and I talked about the continuation of the course. They thanked me first for the class and said they wanted to continue it. Then I arranged some homework for them to do till the new term.

The next day, I received a notice from the client that it decided to continue the course with another instructor who was a native speaker of English. I am not. My mother tongue is Japanese.

Yesterday, my students and I talked about the challenge of understanding the Japanese when they smile “at you” while they “disagree with you,” during which, my students enthusiastically agreed with me, hinting negative experiences they had had with their Japanese clients.

Are my students consummate liars or am I naive to believe in them?



No comments: